Friday, December 27, 2013

in the third trimester!

Hi. Merry (belated) Christmas!

There's a lot to catch up on here on the blog, but this week has been mainly technology-free (which is always nice).

I hope everyone else has enjoyed Christmas week as much as we have.

We stayed late on Sunday to get everything set for this coming weekend, which meant we had the whole week to not go to work. Besides the random email or phone call, the only other "work" thing we did all week was drink 50 little bottles of water so the preschool kiddos can make "Star Shakers" this weekend.

We've spent the week resting, spending time with family, and completing house projects (with the assistance of my parents).


I didn't sit down and write my weekly pregnancy update this week, so here it is a couple of days late (and I'll catch up on other Christmas posts this weekend!)...


Happy 28 weeks to me and Graeme! I can't believe I am in the third trimester. In some ways, I feel like I've been pregnant FOR-EV-ER because July (when we found out) seems ages ago. On the other hand, ever since September, time has FLOWN by, and now we are only 12-ish weeks away from meeting our sweet boy!

The third trimester is great so far (only two days in). I am still bursting with energy for the most part and feeling great. I got the results from my glucose test and passed that, so I was happy not to have to swallow that nasty drink again.

Graeme's kicks/punches/head butts, and whatever else goes on in there are getting a lot harder. Sometimes it is even uncomfortable. I feel like he's stomping on all of my internal organs and my bladder. I try to tell him to be nice because I've done nothing but love him. I guess he finds it amusing though...

This week I've also experienced early mornings every day. The latest I've been able to sleep in was 8am. Today I was up at 6. Christmas Day it was 4. And every other day has been around 7. I wake up. He wakes up. And I can't get back to sleep. I guess that's just preparing me for what's to come.

The nursery is close to being "done." I love it so, so, so, so much. I really just want to sit in there all of the time.

Aaron and I go back to the doctor on Monday afternoon for another check-up. Now that we are going every two weeks, it seems like his birth is really fast approaching.

Next Christmas will be insanely fun indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment