Sunday, June 30, 2013

in my new(ish) living room

Yesterday we had to clean the house. We leave for Florida early tomorrow morning and don't return until next Saturday night. And somehow I agreed to have people over on Sunday for lunch. Not sure how that happened... (Kidding. I'm excited.)

But, still, that meant the house needed to be cleaned. There's no way I'll feel like doing it when we get home next week. So, we did it yesterday.

Aaron, the wonderful husband that he is, agreed to help me and we started with the downstairs. We were trying to hurry because we still had to pack for our trip, run some errands, and get ready for Sunday.

About 30 minutes in, Aaron said, "Our couch cushions are so flat on this side. I wish there was something we could do to use the other side more."

"I know," I said, "but I think the only thing we could do is move the whole living room around." (We sit on a certain side in order to see the TV well.)

I was only kind of joking, but little did I know, my words would soon result in this:



We somehow began a two-hour long process of re-arranging all of our furniture.

Our arrangement went from this:


To this:



We weren't even sure we would like it after we went to all the trouble, but thank goodness, we love it.

Aaron said, "At least we cleaned behind everything even if we move it all back to where it was."

Not sure what kind of pose that is...
So, even though we probably could have done something else on the to-do list yesterday, we changed it up. Literally. (And that's a big deal for me on all fronts!)

Now, we have what feels like a brand new living room for free! That's a good day in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment