Friday, June 7, 2013

a Friday flashback


I can't believe our anniversary is in just four days. Three whole years. They have flown by.

I decided for Friday flashback I would look in the archives for something from right before our wedding. Here's what was in my head three years ago...

Let's flashback to...

June 3, 2010...

Hello. I know that it’s been awhile. I was looking at my previous post from February. How sad.  Not that anyone sits around waiting for me to write something.  But, if by any chance you do, I apologize for slacking off for four months.
I think it goes without saying that these past four months have been the busiest months of my entire life.  It paid off though.  I am now an official college graduate, and in case you didn’t know, I am marrying my best friend in eight days.
The wedding is coming together quite well.  I am so very excited for next Friday.  I have not slept peacefully in at least 8 nights.  My mind is always racing with anticipation, and I’ll admit, some stress. :)
If you think about it, please, please join us in prayer as we combat the rain.  I know that if God wills it to rain on my wedding, He knows what He’s doing.  I trust Him completely, and either way, Aaron and I are getting married on June 11th.  (Bring your umbrellas!)  But I would be lying if I told you I would be happy about it!
As we approach the coming week (wedding week), Aaron and I are busy trying to leave everything in order at Journey, make our apartment livable, and finish up last minute wedding things.  We keep saying to each other, “Just make it through this week!  Next week will be fun!”  But for right now, we are going non-stop.  We are so ready to sail away together.
Well, this doesn’t have much of a point besides giving you a small update on our world.  As for me, I am just counting down the minutes until I get to marry Aaron Jack Bauer.  I am the happiest bride in the whole world. :)

How fun. You'll be happy to know that it did not rain on our wedding day. It was, however, a billion degrees outside. Just kidding. But it was seriously over 90 degrees and miserable. And here we are again, counting down the days until we sail away to celebrate being married. And yes, I'm still the happiest bride in the whole world. Some things don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment