Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy June!

Can you believe it's June already? 2013 is almost halfway over. That's crazy.

June brings the start of summer and the start of a very busy time for us. Here's what I'm looking forward to this month...


  1. fxMINI.  You know how we have FX [family experience] every month for our elementary kids? Well, this is our first fxMINI for families of preschoolers. It's actually today and I'm. So. Pumped. I get to lead worship. It's going to be a lot of fun!
  2. Bensen and Keyen.  We have a date with Bensen and Keyen tonight as well.
  3. Birthdays and Father's Day.  In June we get to celebrate my mom and Aaron's younger brother, Andrew, for their birthdays. It's also Father's Day in June. Let the family celebrations commence.
  4. 18:25 Camping Extravaganza. "Camping" might not quite be the right word. We are, however, taking a group of our college kids to a local farm owned by people at Journey and sleeping in tents. Yes. Outside. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes.
  5. OUR CRUISE. Oh my goodness we are so ready. Just one more week and we will sail away for five days.
  6. Our 3 year anniversary.  I can't believe it's been three years. Marriage just keeps getting better and better.
  7. My cousin's wedding.  My younger cousin, Elizabeth, that I haven't seen since I was like 12 is getting married this month. We are road tripping to Indiana with my parents. We are doing the 12 hour drive during the night on the way there and back. Should be interesting.
  8. Dates with friends.  I get to hang out with my lovely friends from high school later this month for a girls' night, and we have squeezed in a Pullen Park Picnic date with Renee and Derrick.
  9. 2012-2013 FX Cast Party.  We are getting together at the end of the month to celebrate this past year of FX. I love these people.
  10. Journey Students Family Lake Day.  To finish out the last day of June, we are having a Lake Day with middle and high school students and their families at Falls Lake. Cookout, worship, tubing, swimming, and more fun.
This ends our very busy June and the very next day we wake up early to drive to Florida to start July. It's a crazy summer, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment