Thursday, July 25, 2013

random thoughts

Hi.

I know I'm slacking off on the blog when Aaron starts to get after me. He asked me the other night why I hadn't written in so long.

I don't really know, other than that I've had a lot on my mind lately, but none of it seemed "blog-worthy."

I have so many jumbled thoughts that may not be interesting, but here we go. I mean, I just need to blog something...



One:

Aaron came home on Saturday. That was exciting, but now I only have three more days with him until he leaves for another week. Whenever a separation from Aaron is on the horizon, I'm a little mopey. I'm trying to look on the bright side, the pros of him being gone, but I still hate it when he leaves.

I'm sure it will go by fast. My friend Amanda is coming to stay with me for a night or two. I'll probably swing over to visit Bensen and Keyen one night. And Penny and I might have a sleepover at my parents if I really get tired of being home alone.

Then, Aaron will be back. He gets home next Friday, and we turn around and leave for Tennessee to visit my grandparents on Sunday afternoon.

So ends our whirlwind of a summer at the close of that trip.


Two:

Today I stayed home from work because they are installing carpet in a lot of our rooms and I couldn't really do what I needed to do anyway. I cleaned the house instead. I think sitting down on the couch in a clean house after working hard for four hours is one of my favorite things. Does it take anyone else four hours to clean? Just me?

Keep in mind, that's when I'm cleaning alone without Aaron's help, and I'm really cleaning. Not just feather dusting and Clorox wiping things down. I can't imagine having to clean anything bigger than our townhouse. At that point, I may just pay a convenience fee for someone else to do it.


Three:

Aaron is officiating a wedding on Saturday for some friends on Oak Island. I've never been there before. I guess the wedding isn't technically on the beach, but I'm hoping we will at least be able to see the beach. I haven't been to the beach all summer, and it's making me a little sad. I know I've been like a hundred other places so I really can't complain. But I miss our yearly trip to Myrtle Beach with Aaron's family.


Four:

Oh! This is exciting:  my little brother got engaged! See how bad I am at my blog recently? I didn't even get around to posting about that. So, yes, my brother Tyler and my future sis-in-law Sarah got engaged a couple weeks ago. We are SO excited for Sarah to finally join the family soon. I can't believe my brother is getting married!

Aren't they adorable?:


Five:

I read Romans 8 this morning, and found some much-needed encouragement. I thought it was time for a change in our chalkboard anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment