Sunday, July 7, 2013

about our Florida trip

Well, so much for blogging in Florida, huh?

Sorry for the false hope.

I count it as a win anyway since I was hanging with my fun family instead!

We had a great trip. Here's the majority of it in pictures, but I'll save our day at Disney for a different post...

We headed out early last Monday after stopping for gas and giving Penny her prescription "happy pill" for the car ride.


We prayed for a much better experience with her this trip. Thankfully, it was.

We hit the the road and headed down I-95. There was a lot of rain, but thankfully, no traffic.

South Carolina 
Georgia 
Florida (I was driving and Aaron was asleep, hence the bad photo of the Florida sign...)

We ran into so much rain once we got into Florida, but we finally got close to my grandparents' house. We knew we were close when we saw this...

There's quite a few rednecks in those parts!
It was so great to see my family, and Penny got to meet her "cousin," Marley.

Needless to say, Penny lost tug-o-war.
While we were at my grandparents', we played card games, pool volleyball, and worked on three 1000 piece puzzles. This one was the hardest:

At least I thought it was...
We attempted exercise one day and went on a walk with my parents. We realized my grandparents lived near a famous person...

It's Tow Mater from Cars!

But I don't think he's allowed to pose for pictures...
While we were there, we had a baby shower for my two cousins that are having baby girls in the next couple months. My aunt and uncle own a store that sells things from estates, so we had it there. My dad even found a motorcycle to ride around.


I guess it's hard to see, but he's riding it behind that tan couch.
This was on the 4th of July, so we got to sit out front to watch the fireworks. It was a little uncertain if they would even happen for awhile...


Also, the back door looked like something out of horror movie during the torrential downpour:


Thankfully, the rain stopped in time for the fireworks.


It was sad to leave everyone yesterday. Penny didn't even want to follow us out to the car. She was a little dejected on the way home, missing her new buddy, Marley.


After sitting in traffic for an hour and a half yesterday, we got back home and crashed on the couch.

Summer trip number three is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment