Wednesday, July 17, 2013

pros and cons

I have a love/dislike (I felt "hate" too strong a word...) relationship with Aaron being at camp...




I love that he is hanging out with kids and leaders doing what he loves.

I dislike eating alone. And watching TV alone. And sitting alone. Etc.

I love that he is learning how to be a better leader.

I dislike having to take Penny out every time during the day instead of sharing the responsibility. Especially at night when it's dark out.

I love that he is being a good example to some kids who may not have very many good examples in their life normally.

I dislike having an empty side of the bed.

I love that when he comes home on Saturday I will be so excited to see him that it's almost worth missing him.

I dislike having to wait until Saturday for him to come home.

I love that he is getting to have conversations with lots of people this week and having a chance to be unplugged from reality.

I dislike not being able to talk to him as much as normal. He's busy and has no cell phone service.


I love that this camp is only three nights and two and a half days.

I dislike that when he goes to camp in two weeks it's for four nights and five days.


I love that he's where he's supposed to be this week.

I dislike that I am not with him. 




But I'm where I'm supposed to be too.


I love camp week. And then again, I don't like it so much. No, wait. I do like it just fine.

You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment