Thursday, January 9, 2014

with 10 weeks left!

We jumped into 2014 head on after a leisurely Christmas "break," and I'm just getting around to catching up with my trusty blog again. Now that Graeme will be here in about ten weeks, there seems to be so much to do and so little time!

We are currently in Murfreesboro, TN for an INFUSE retreat. This is Aaron's fourth year (and probably last for awhile) doing INFUSE, so we have really gotten to know the majority of these wonderful kidmin people from all over the country. Aaron has grown so much from being a part of INFUSE, and I learn a lot too when I tag along for meals.

I will post more about our trip tomorrow, but today, it's time for my 30th week of pregnancy post (a day late)...

Thirty weeks!

We are now significantly closer to the end of this nine month adventure. We are mentally saying that we have seven weeks (37 weeks is full-term) to get everything in order. So that makes it seem even closer!

This past week was another great week.

We had our first child birth class on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I liked it right away. The lady that is teaching it is super nice and not boring at all. It is basically the same class they teach at the hospital, but instead of a giant class of 30 or more people, there are only eight people in ours. It is everyone's first baby. Nobody asks annoying questions the whole time. And it is not a Lamaze-type class like the ones on TV where you sit around on the floor. 

The class is more of an overview of what will happen before, during, and after labor. The lady taught us two little breathing technique things, so that's easy enough to remember. And I also love that she says to go into labor with a flexible "birth plan." We were already planning to just roll with the flow, so it was nice to hear a long-time labor/delivery nurse say that was the best plan. If I'm fine with no drugs and can do the whole thing natural, cool. If I feel like I want to die and want some drugs, great. If we need a C-Section, that's fine. We will praise God for a healthy delivery, no matter how it comes about. I am a pretty easy-going person anyway, so that's how I'm approaching this whole labor thing. I'm not nervous about it...yet!

The only strange part of the class is the archaic videos with the real-life pregnant people who all look like labor is the worst thing ever. I guess they show you worst-case scenarios. Poor Aaron couldn't handle watching the actual birth of a baby. He thinks he'll pass out on me. I think he'll be fine. I could watch the baby being born okay, but not the lady getting her epidural. I think I could get one if I was in a lot of pain (I've had one before during all of my back issues), but I couldn't watch it being done on that video. And if I can get by without it, I won't be sad. I hate needles. Especially long ones heading in towards your spine. I'm sure it's worth it if you are in unbearable pain with no end in sight. We'll just see how it goes.

Anyway, we have our second and last class this coming Sunday afternoon. 

Other than that, I am still feeling great. I have lots of energy still...too much some days, probably. I feel great so I keep going and going. And then I pay for it with a stiff back the next day. Oops.

Graeme is doing well too. He kicks and rolls around and shoves his appendages into my internal organs, so I guess he's having a great time in there.

We went on a hospital visit over the weekend to see a new baby of one of our Journey Kids volunteers, and we realized the next time we were at that hospital would be to have our own baby (at least I don't plan on going to the hospital for any other reason!). We can't even wait!

So, Graeme, give us (and yourself, so you can finish growing nice and strong) at least seven weeks, and then come on whenever you're ready! (Just please don't make mommy wait too long past March 19th...)

No comments:

Post a Comment