Wednesday, January 15, 2014

in the single digit countdown

Our little Graeme will be here in just nine weeks (ish)! It's hard to believe we are down to single digits in counting the weeks until he's here. We are so ready to meet him!

Well, we are at least mentally ready to meet him. We still need a few things before we are ready to take care of him. You know, car seat, diapers, clothes...stuff like that might come in handy. Hence, I am excited for our first baby shower this weekend!

This past week was great. We had some "lasts." Last flight before he's here. Last trip out of state before he's here. Saw some friends for the last time before he's here. We took our last childbirth class.

Speaking of class, it was great. We only had to endure a little bit more of the awkward video, and the rest of the class was just learning more about delivery and the first few weeks with a newborn. I know you can't be totally prepared for having a baby, but I feel a lot more knowledgeable about the whole thing. I'm glad we took the class.

We also had an appointment with the doctor this past Monday. It was easy-peasy. Everything is still looking great. My iron went up a little, so that was good I suppose. Graeme's heartbeat is in the 140s and nice and strong. We go back to the doctor in two weeks, then two weeks after that. Then we will be a week away from full-term and start going to the doctor every week until he's born!

I am still feeling really, really good. I know I still have a couple months to go before I make my final judgement, but I have really loved being pregnant. Other than a couple months at the beginning of being sick (and even that never kept me from work or church or life), it has been great. I am praying that I will have it easy to the end, but we'll see. Minus some minor heartburn every once in awhile and a sleepless couple of hours here and there, I have no complaints for the third trimester.

Everything about this adventure is such a blessing and I am definitely not taking it for granted. We thank God every day for a healthy, growing baby, and that I have stayed healthy too. 

Happy 31 weeks, Graeme!






No comments:

Post a Comment