Friday, January 10, 2014

about our trip

Like I said yesterday, we are on an INFUSE retreat in Tennessee. It's been a great little getaway so far.

We left Wednesday at noon from RDU. It was cold, and the walk from the parking garage to Terminal 1 is like a mile. Because my husband is the sweetest (and so he wouldn't have to carry both bags all the way since we have yet to purchase wheeling luggage), he dropped me off at the terminal and went to park.

Graeme and I just chilled with all the bags for awhile.



Our flight was right on time, and soon we were up in the air saying goodbye to Raleigh for a couple days.


I was well-prepared with my one dollar bill for my favorite airplane activity.


That's right. Money origami. Here I am with my new froggy friend:



We arrived safely, picked up our rental car, had lunch in downtown Nashville, and then swung over to the Opry Mills Mall. Aaron had a Disney Store gift card that was burning a hole in his pocket. They only had one Vinylmation, so we ended up spending the rest on Graeme. Somehow, out of the three of us, Graeme walked out of the mall with the most stuff. And he's not even technically here yet. We are in for a world of trouble.

We made our way to Murfreesboro after that and checked in to our hotel. The retreat officially started Thursday morning with breakfast at one of the coolest breakfast places I have been to ever. It is called the Pfunky Griddle.


Not only was it awesome because you got to cook your own pancakes, but we happened to be there on Customer Appreciation Day, so the pancakes were free! You just paid for any toppings or sides you wanted, and the pancakes were all-you-can-eat.


So fun. Who wants to open one in Raleigh? Not me, but I would come if there was one.

Aaron spent the rest of the day with his group and I came back to the hotel and worked from bed all day. I am in the midst of editing down all of our curriculum for March and getting other things ready for my maternity leave. I did manage to make it down to the rinky-dink exercise room in our hotel for a bit though.

I met everyone for dinner later, and hung out for the rest of the night.

Aaron and I are finally getting used to the hour time difference just in time to come home tomorrow. Of course.

Today has been a little more laid back, and tomorrow morning we hop on a plane back home.

It's been a relaxing, fun retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment