Wednesday, January 22, 2014

in week 32

Hello 32 weeks! We only have 50 odd days left until we meet our little boy, and we are ready! And we feel even more ready after our very fun baby shower at Journey this past week where we were insanely blessed by our friends and family.


We wanted a shower that was simple, and fun, and where anyone from Journey that wanted to come could come and go as they wanted to. Kids. Men. Whoever. We like everyone. Also for this shower, we didn't want froo-froo. Or games. Or extravagance. Our awesome friend Julie, with several other wonderful ladies put together a perfect shower.

I'm pretty sure this is the coolest cake ever. Julie incorporated all of the colors from Graeme's room. Plus, it was delicious.
We tried to get around and talk to everyone, but we were soon ushered up to the front to open gifts. And we had a lot of work to do.


We were blown away by everything and so thankful! We seriously couldn't thank everyone enough for all of the wonderful stuff we got.

As a small act of gratitude, I finished writing like 75 thank you notes. It always feels better after writing thank you notes at least!



I have had a lot of fun opening everything, sorting it out, and trying to figure out where it will live in our house. I will say though, baby clothes are filled with so many of those stupid plastic strings that hook them together and hold their tags that I was going crazy.  

Anyway.

This past week was great. I did somehow finally succumb to catching an awful cold. It was the first time in my pregnancy that I had gotten sick (other than morning sickness), so I feel pretty lucky to have made it seven months before I came down with something. I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday feeling pretty lousy (of course, the day of my baby shower I was sick). But, by Monday, I felt much better. And I'm almost back to normal at this point. Hopefully that was the first and last time I'll be sick until Graeme gets here. It stinks when you can't take any medicine that would actually work.

Now that we are down to the final weeks, we are having fun getting our house all set-up for Graeme. I am crazy (and Aaron doesn't mind too much), and couldn't wait to open and put together the swing. And the play yard with the bassinet. And the stroller and carseat. So, our house already looks like we have a baby. (Well, I don't suppose the stroller and carseat will typically sit in our dining room like they are right now though...)

Not too much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment