Sunday, May 26, 2013

about seeds and faith

I cooked with mustard seed for the first time this past week. I wasn't even sure what it looked like until I bought it.


It's pretty tiny. I couldn't help but think of what Jesus said about mustard seeds...

"What I'm about to tell you is true. If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, it is enough. You can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.' And it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20-21

Wow. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like I'll be moving any mountains this week. My faith must be so, so small. Definitely smaller than a tiny mustard seed.

So, how do I get more faith? Well, He knows the answer to that too...

So faith comes from hearing the message. And the message that is heard is the word of Christ.
Romans 10:17

It's as simple as that, but it's easy to make it seem so much harder. I pray that I can be faithful in the small things like just spending time each day reading His Word. So one day I can have faith in Him to do really big things.

You know, like asking mountains to move and such...

No comments:

Post a Comment