Thursday, May 30, 2013

about my sound machine

Have I ever told you about my sound machine? I can't remember and I don't feel like researching it. So just skip this post if I have.

This:



is my sound machine.

It was a gift from Aaron at Christmas that was a huge surprise. I hadn't actually asked for it for Christmas, although I had mentioned it to him several times. I never thought he would actually get me one.

When I was a nanny for Bensen and Keyen, they had these same magical sound machines that produced the noise of a very loud fan (AKA sleep heaven for me).

In the meantime, Aaron constantly complained that he hated that our bedroom fan had to be on high in the coldest months of the year. I told him every time he brought it up that I didn't necessarily care for the cold air produced by the fan, but I had to have the noise it made to sleep.

I, obviously, would always win that argument every time and the fan would stay on. But, I would give him the option of buying me a sound machine like Bensen and Keyen had. I had seen it by chance in a SkyMall magazine on one of our trips and even pointed it out to him.

Well, he finally surprised me with it like I said.

Now he loves it just as much as I do, and we take it with us whenever we aren't sleeping at home.

Just add it to my list of wins, I say. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I want something like this so bad! I JUST posted about how terrible I am at sleeping. And yes, agreed that wives should win all arguments no matter what :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan and I have both always slept with a fan (not a ceiling fan, a floor fan). I remember talking about this when we first started hanging out and thinking, "He's the one." Haha. We HAVE to have the noise of a fan! But I've never tried a sound machine. Remind me next time we're at your place to listen to it!

    ReplyDelete