Friday, July 4, 2014

in Florida

Hello from sunny Florida and Happy Independence Day!

Graeme is asleep in the pack-n-play for his second nap, and I thought I'd pay some attention to my neglected blog.

We are having a great trip. We left Wednesday afternoon right at 2:50pm and we rolled in to my grandparent's driveway at exactly 2:15am on Thursday. We stopped three times on the way, and Graeme only cried a few times. He wasn't too keen about falling asleep in his carseat for bedtime, but once he did, he was fine. For a twelve hour trip with a 3-month-old, we can't complain at all! 

We've kept him on his routine and he's taken to his new surroundings like a champ. He is, of course, the center of attention!



Aaron had to work on Wednesday until we got in the car to leave, so I was in charge of packing. I didn't mind, and even though Graeme must have sensed my to-do list and didn't want to take long naps, I got everything done. When I got it all downstairs, I was pretty certain there was no way it was all fitting in our little Honda Civic.



Graeme was asleep in his swing at this point, so I began the task of loading the car. After a huge fight with the stroller and the rock-n-play (which I finally won), I was pretty pleased with myself for getting everything in the trunk except for the four little bags that were filled with things for Graeme and needed to go in the backseat.


Yeah...I'm not sure how that's ever going to work again. Especially since Aaron has since acquired a ginormous, orange stuffed owl that he found at Cracker Barrel for our new preschool set at church.




My grandparents have an in-ground pool that's screened-in. Graeme has been in the water both days that we've been here and he loves it.




We didn't bring his little bathtub down here. It obviously would have either sat in someone's lap or been strapped to the top of the car! Graeme took a bath in a couple of inches of water in the regular bathtub last night, and apparently we wasted our money on the Finding Nemo baby bathtub with infant sling. Graeme was all about the big bath. We will have to try to video him in there next time. He would have stayed in the bath for a very long time and been so happy. I'm so glad he's a water-loving baby.





I am so glad Graeme is down here making memories with his family. He is surrounded by five grandparents right now, so he's getting plenty of snuggles.

Getting kisses from Great-Great-Gramma Pierce while his Grandy looks on.


Graeme is the fifth generation from his Gramma Pierce. How awesome is that?



"And his mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation."
Luke 1:50


No comments:

Post a Comment