Monday, July 21, 2014

feeling rested

Yesterday was Sunday, and for the first time, I had to double check my calendar to remember how many weeks old Graeme turned. 17 weeks. Seventeen.

Every Sunday, I think back to the Sunday that he was born. I say something like "Seventeen weeks ago, we were holding our brand new baby..." And then Aaron says, "Are you going to do this every Sunday for the rest of his life?" (But he really doesn't mind.)

It's getting a little harder to think in terms of weeks as the number of them keeps increasing. I cannot even believe our little guys turns four months old on Wednesday.







Aaron got home from camp last Thursday afternoon. I was curious to see what Graeme would do when he saw Aaron, since it had been almost four days. He was asleep when Aaron walked in the door, and a little later I had Aaron wake him up. After he rubbed his eyes and snuggled in to Aaron's shoulder for a minute he leaned back and looked at him. Huge smile. He was so, so happy to see him. He couldn't stop staring at him for the rest of the day.


Penny was excited to see Aaron too. We all were!




I didn't want post about this right away in case it was a fluke or to jinx it:  Graeme has been sleeping through the night for the past three nights! The first night he did it, I could hardly believe it! I woke up at 5:30am, and I was so excited that I never fell back asleep!

I am so proud of Graeme. We are still doing his "dream feed" around 11pm for now. After a couple weeks of consistent through the night sleeps, I'll probably wean him of that feeding too.






Aaron is going on a student beach retreat at the end of this week, and Graeme and I get to tag along. I'm pretty excited to take our little guy to the beach for the first time. I will probably take just a few photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment