Monday, July 14, 2014

while Aaron's gone

Hi. It's been awhile.

I'm sitting here after accomplishing my first time of putting Graeme to bed by myself. I realized that Aaron has put Graeme to bed without me a couple of times, but I had never done it without him. Thankfully, it's a pretty easy endeavor these days.

Aaron is away at Camp KidJam until Thursday afternoon. I've made it through the first day! I hate when Aaron is gone. I, of course, love that he's at camp investing in kids. I wouldn't want him to miss that for anything. But, selfishly, I wish he was here with me too!

Graeme, who always has to be woken up in the mornings, was up bright and early today. Aaron had to be out the door before 7am, and apparently Graeme didn't want to miss saying goodbye. I told him that I was certain this should not be a new routine.

I try to distract myself as much as possible when Aaron's gone. My mom kept Graeme for a few hours today and I had a much-needed house cleaning day. I usually clean on Tuesdays while Graeme takes his naps. It takes all day by the time I'm done. While I was pregnant, I remember planning out a cleaning schedule so that I could divvy it up over the course of a few days. I've since realized that I would much rather do all the cleaning in one day and have it done for the week.

Anyway, I got my cleaning done today instead of tomorrow because my awesome sister-in-law, Sarah, offered to come hang out with me for the day tomorrow. I am excited to have company and am looking forward to spending time with her and Graeme.




Here's something random:

A year ago today I took a pregnancy test and it showed up positive. We couldn't believe it! And here we are a year later.



How wonderful is that?




Tomorrow night, I plan to tell the tale of our adventurous drive home from Florida. Tune in...

No comments:

Post a Comment