Tuesday, June 24, 2014

about three-month-old Graeme (with cute pictures galore)

Monday marked three months since our little Graeme entered into this crazy world. 

Sometimes this...



...seems like it was so long ago.

I remember after Aaron and I had only been married a short time that it was hard for me to remember what it was like to not be married. It just fit so perfectly that it seemed it had always been. It's the same thing with being parents. Graeme fits so seamlessly into our life now that we can't imagine what we used to do!


Graeme really does get more fun each day. We love him so much. We basically stare at him all the time because he's just way too cute for his own good.

Too. Cute.
At three months Graeme is...

1.  Smiling, smiling, smiling. He smiles so much and it just melts us into little pieces. He loves when you talk to him and make the "brrrrrr" sound with your lips. That gets a smile every. time. My favorite is when he smiles so big that it requires him to move his whole little body.

2.  Talking, in his own words of course. He's most talkative right after he wakes up. There's a video of me and my brother when I'm five and Tyler's just a little baby, probably around Graeme's age. Anyway, the video is literally five minutes of me repeating the same baby nonsense-word over and over and over, as only a five-year-old can. I was trying to get my baby brother to say "Ah-goo." Not sure where that came from. My family all watched it awhile back and Aaron constantly makes fun of it. However, as a joke, I started saying it to Graeme and my dad joined in. I swear to you that Graeme can say "Ah-goo." He won't do it every time, but we've all heard him repeat it. Five-year-old me is avenged.

3.  Sleeping...the same. We can't quite crack this sleeping through the night thing yet. Graeme consistently only wakes up one time every night. It kind of varies, which leads me to believe he's not necessarily "stuck" waking up every night. And, he always downs his bottle, so I do believe he's hungry. It's a quick 15-minute interruption, so I can't complain too much. Every baby is different, so we aren't going to push him quite yet. If he hasn't slept through the night by his four-month check up, I plan to ask our pediatrician for her opinion. I'm also hoping that taking away his pacifier will lend itself to our cause. 

4.  No longer a pacifier baby. He hasn't seen his paci since Friday at bedtime. Saturday naps were a little rough. Saturday night was surprisingly awesome. Every night since has actually been great. Sunday and Monday naps were still really hard. But, we had a breakthrough yesterday, and his naps were some of the best naps he's ever had. I am so very glad we stopped the pacifier. He doesn't even seem to miss it at night time. After the first couple of days of screaming before naps (so very hard to hear), he has gotten to where he just makes some fussing noises before he drifts off. One way we decided to help him in the loss of his paci was to trade it in for a "lovie." (See more on this below.)

5.  A "blankie" baby. This makes me so happy. I had a blankie for waaay too long. I still have my childhood blankie in a storage box and I have a special place in my heart for it. I have been hoping that Graeme would have a blankie that he loved one day. In the past month, he has really loved holding his super soft "Aden and Anais" blankets. It's so, so cute. 


I thought he would definitely take comfort in a blankie to go to sleep, but I didn't want to put a big, giant one in his crib with him, for obvious reasons. I did some research, and we decided a little "lovie" blanket (I'm not making that word up, they're really called that), would be perfectly fine. On the day we made him give up his paci, we made a special trip to The Learning Express and Graeme "helped" pick out his new bedtime companion. We made it smell like mommy and ordered another one so that we'll have two identical ones on hand. He took to it right away. I didn't think him sleeping could get any cuter, but this might just do it.



We are excited for what the next month with Graeme will bring. He is going on his first family vacation this month. We are making a ten-hour drive to Florida...yikes! We are leaving in the late afternoon, so most of the drive will be after his bedtime. I think he'll do great. Penny, on the other hand...she might be the troublesome one.

Happy three months to our sweet Graeme Grayson!


No comments:

Post a Comment