Monday, March 17, 2014

while I wait. and wait. and wait.

Being pregnant has taught me many things, but recently, I am learning patience.

I don't think it has ever been this hard to be patient for something. I mean, it was hard waiting for our wedding day, but at least I had a date for that. This baby is going to come out when he's ready and there's no telling what day it will be.

As someone who loves scheduling and keeping a calendar and having things planned...well...this is really hard!

These last two or three weeks have found me constantly checking my "happy heart" status and remembering to be patient. And also remembering what I know to be true:


  • God's timing is always perfect.
  • I can trust God no matter what.
  • I am only seeing a small part of a big plan.
  • God loves me and Graeme way more than I can fathom.
  • God knows best.
  • Lots more, but you get the idea!


Thankfully, I'm not physically miserable yet. Despite some slight discomfort, I feel great. So it's really just mentally and emotionally that I am experiencing the end-of-pregnancy blues.

The other day, I went through the concordance at the back of my Bible to claim some truth to get me through another day. These verses are what I am praying as March 19th is fast approaching (and could very well pass by with no baby to be seen yet)...


"We want each of you to be faithful to the very end. We want you to be sure of what you hope for. We don't want you to slow down. Instead, be like those who have faith and are patient. They will receive what God promised."
Hebrews 6:11-12

"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not want what belongs to others. It does not brag. It is not proud."
1 Corinthians 13:4

"I was patient while I waited for the Lord.  He turned to me and heard my cry for help."
Psalm 40:1



No matter when Graeme comes, I know it will be right on time. The trick is to just remember that when I start to forget! We are patiently (with God's help!) waiting because that's all we can do. We can't ask for anything more than a healthy baby boy and we praise God and trust Him for this gift of our son.

So, Graeme, we are out here (in this cold, rainy world at the moment) trusting your impending arrival to our great Heavenly Father who knows everything and loves you way more than we do! Whenever you want to join us, we will be ready. We love you a lot and are sure that love will grow even more when we see you. And we hope to see you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment