Monday, November 18, 2013

about last week

Well, hello.

It's been a couple of weeks, I know. Last week, we ended up on a spur of the moment vacation. It was just what we needed.








We never get tired of this place.

It's hard to believe that next time we go will be as a family of three. We can't wait to take Graeme for the first time even though he won't remember it. It will still be a fun memory for us! (Plus, we have to go as much as we can while he can still go for FREE!)


We arrived back home on Saturday but continued to take advantage of vacation. We spent Saturday and Sunday decorating for Christmas and cleaning.

My sweet husband washed both of our cars and our neighbor's van. He's the best.

We wanted to get our Christmas stuff up now since once Thanksgiving is over, there's hardly any time before Christmas day. It was a lot of fun, but it wore me out! I told Aaron I'm not sure I'll be much help to him in a month and a half when we have to take it down.



Can't you tell how much he loves helping me with the lights?


The only part of decorating that made me sad was when I remembered how I ruined Aaron's stocking last year. I loved our stockings. I think I had blocked out the memory. So, when I pulled out the charred stocking, it was a sad moment.

It was for the best I suppose, because we would need another stocking next year anyway. I was glad they had almost the exact same kind. We went ahead and bought Graeme a stocking too, but we don't have a way to hang it up yet. That's what the day after Christmas clearance things are for, hopefully.





That about sums up what we've been up to. It was a nice break from social media and everything else routine. And it was a perfect week with my best friend. We feel energized and ready for the next few months. 

Then Graeme comes. Woah.


No comments:

Post a Comment