Wednesday, November 6, 2013

in week 21

We are past the halfway point, friends. I can't believe we will meet our sweet Graeme in just over four months! There is still so much to do, but it's all fun, so I don't mind.

This past week has been another great week. We had an appointment on Monday that went really well; finger prick, needles, and all. My iron passed again. Yay. My thyroid levels are normal for now. Yay. The doctor said I looked great and commented on how he was glad I was smiling and not crying. 

I should have told him that there's plenty of crying but it's usually over MasterChef Jr. (Ok, they're so smart that it makes me cry and I hate when they have to eliminate them), a puppy on television (I made the mistake of watching the live-action 101 Dalmations yesterday. I've seen it many times, but I wasn't thinking about the puppies being stolen, the puppies being found, or that nice brown dog that rescues Lucky. Good grief. So. Many. Tears. And Aaron wasn't even home to console me.), or a Pixar short (Anyone see The Blue Umbrella? It's about animated umbrellas that fall in love, so of course that equals me sobbing through the entire five minutes. Literally.).

As you can see, pregnancy makes me insanely sensitive.

In other news this week...


  • Graeme is kicking around in there quite a bit. It usually comes in spurts when I'm sitting still enough to notice it. The doctor on Monday said that his kicks and punches should be pretty consistent by week 24. Aaron is dying to feel them, so I hope it's soon!
  • My dreams/nightmares have been crazy this week! 
    1. I've dreamed that I overrode Mission Control on my private space pod headed to the moon. They warned me not to take off, but I went anyway. All I had to do was press the blinking red button that said "Switch to Manual Control." Not sure how that one turned out...
    2. I also dreamed that I was running through the forest and got decapitated by a tree limb. No worries though, I was still alive and there wasn't even any blood. I just picked up my head and went to the Urgent Care. They assured me that I didn't need stitches; it would heal on its own. Of course it would.
    3. The worst one was last night when I dreamed that I was Aaron's girlfriend, and he dumped me to travel the church circuit as a family-friendly comedian. I was, of course, heartbroken. After just a week, I called him and begged him to reconsider. I could travel with him. I didn't mind. I just wanted to be his girlfriend again. I actually woke up very upset from that dream!

  • I finally broke down and bought some maternity jeans today. I am pretty determined to buy as few maternity things as I can, and I was proud of myself for making it this far without buying anything. Well, after my first trimester, I did buy a "belly band" that allowed me to wear my normal jeans unbuttoned. That still works, but I am down to only two pairs of jeans that are actually comfortable with it. I am hoping to get by without having to buy much else. We shall see.

I think that's all I have for this week.

Happy 21 weeks, Graeme Grayson! 


No comments:

Post a Comment