Wednesday, November 20, 2013

a pregnancy catch-up post (weeks 22-23)

Last week, we ended up on vacation, and had little time or desire for Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, Instagram, blogging, or any other thing that required a smart phone or computer. It's nice to take a break from all of that every once in awhile.

Needless to say, I did miss my weekly pregnancy/Graeme update last week. I'm a little bummed too because I was excited to incorporate Taylor Swift's 22 in there somewhere. Another time then...

So, now we have two weeks to catch up on. Here goes...


Week 21-22 is kind of a blur because of our whirlwind trip. Nothing "new" happened that I could feel or notice (even though he was growing like crazy I'm sure), and thankfully my energy level is the highest it's been in a long time. Also, all food is back on the table minus eggs. I still have no desire for eggs at all.

We knew that I wouldn't be able to do a crazy, fast-paced Disney trip per usual, but we still went pretty hard all day for two days. I skipped out on the rides that said "Expectant mothers should not ride," as well as a few others that seemed like a bad idea (I get queasy on spinning rides anyway). Thankfully a lot of rides at Disney World are the equivalent of a car ride. 

I drank so much water and sat down pretty frequently. But at the end of both days, my feet hurt so very bad. I know I brought that on myself, but it was still awful. That, however, was my only complaint. Graeme and I did great at Disney.

I was moving and distracted a lot during that week, so I wasn't focusing too much on kicks from my little guy in there. Which brings us to this past week...


Because now I am feeling his kicks like crazy! Not necessarily all day, but when he starts kicking, it goes for quite awhile and the kicks are getting harder. I was just sure that Aaron would be able to feel them any day, so a couple nights ago I told him to put his hand there while we were laying on the couch.

I laid very still and tried to make sure my breathing wasn't too distracting. Aaron was about to give up, but I told him to just wait. Finally, he gasped. "Was that him?!"

"Did you feel him?!"

"I felt a little poke on my hand!"

"That's him!"

So, that was pretty amazing. It's fun to be able to share that with him finally. He's felt him a few more times since then.


That brings us to today, the start of week 23! Only 17ish more to go!

We have an appointment with the ultrasound technician Friday morning to check-up on Graeme and see a few of the things she couldn't see last time since he was so squirmy. After that, we are ready to start registering and getting the nursery decorated.

It's going by fast now. We can't wait to bring this little guy into our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment