Saturday, April 6, 2013

about my date with Bensen

I can't believe that I ended my job as Bensen and Keyen's nanny over three months ago. Every once in awhile I still get choked up about it. A couple weeks ago, Aaron, Lisa, and I made our first visit to Moe's for a Tuesday lunch without the boys. I didn't think much of it until we walked in and it hit me. I got a little teary eyed.

But, as you know, I'm enjoying my job at Journey, and we have actually seen Bensen and Keyen fairly often. It's definitely not the same as seeing them almost every day, but I'll take it.

I try to make it a point to see them every other week, even if it's just stopping by for an hour or so.

This past week, it actually worked out for me to have a date with Bensen. We had gone over the previous week so that Rodney could put Bensen's carseat in my car (talk about major flashbacks). On Monday morning, I went and picked Bensen up to go on a playdate with our friends that we used to play with all the time. Bensen was pretty excited, and so was I! We felt bad leaving Keyen, but I'm sure he will get a turn one day.

I got to meet the boys' new nanny too. I was a little nervous, but as soon as she answered the door, I immediately liked her. She was super sweet and really easy to talk to. We didn't spend a lot of time together, but I'm sure I'll see her again. I know she is taking great care of Bensen and Keyen.

Bensen and I had fun at the park with our friends and then we got to eat lunch at Chick-fil-a.



Aaron and I are looking forward to hanging out with Bensen and Keyen next week when we are babysitting them for a few hours one night.

I am so glad I can still be in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment