Saturday, April 13, 2013

about anniversary trips



It's hard to believe that Aaron and I are approaching our third anniversary. Three years. Three.

I know three years isn't a very long time. But, it's still exciting. In some ways, I can't even remember not being married. I just feel like we've always been married. Not in a bad way at all. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

I still adore being married. It has yet to disappoint me. I truly love Aaron more as the days go by. It's still exciting. Still fun. Still surprising. Still wonderful.

He is my very best friend and I love living life with him.

Hey, some days are harder or busier or not as fun, but at the end of the day, he's the only one I want to be with.

We made a decision when we got married that we would make our anniversary a priority every year and get out of town alone for a few days or so.

For our honeymoon, we took a cruise.


Ah, young love.
The next year on our first anniversary, we spent five days in Walt Disney World.


Happily ever after, indeed.
Last year, we spent a few days in Daytona Beach and made the drive to Disney World for one day.


Our favorite place
This year, we hemmed and hawed about what we wanted to do. We obviously love Disney, but it's not cheap. And, we were just there for a week in January. We didn't want to spend a lot, but we did want to do something more extraordinary than driving two hours to the beach here in NC. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I had checked into Groupons and nothing was jumping out at me. We did a price quote on Disney too just because it's always an option. It was doable, but not as cheap as we would have liked.

Finally we decided to look at cruises again. We loved our honeymoon cruise. We wanted a cruise for our honeymoon because while Disney is fun and our favorite, it is anything but restful. If you're going to do Disney right, you are up early and out late and not relaxing. We had better things to do on our honeymoon, you know?

Anyway, I checked into Carnival cruises, and we found one that sails from Jacksonville, FL on June 10th (our anniversary is the 11th) for the Bahamas. We honestly didn't care where it went as much as where it left from. Jacksonville is only a seven hour drive from here, which is not bad. We can't miss a Sunday this year, so we needed something that was during the week. This cruise seemed perfect. Monday night-Saturday morning. All-inclusive. In our price range. 

After thinking on it for a day as to not do anything too rash, we booked it last Tuesday and renewed our Passports on Wednesday. As long as our Passports get here in time, we are ready to sail the high seas.

Now that we finally have something planned and paid for, I'm so excited. I have a feeling it will be a much-needed getaway after the next couple months.

2 comments:

  1. We just booked a cruise on June 16th for our 5 year anniversary (in July) and my 30th birthday (June 19)! Carnival to the Bahamas as well! I think prices are low due to Carnivals bad rap, but we loved our honeymoon cruise there so we are taking our chances. I know how you feel, I could not be more excited - I am definitely counting down the days! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we will definitely take our chances of getting stranded at sea! ;) We will just miss you guys. We head back to Raleigh on the 15th.

      Delete