Wednesday, August 29, 2012

about compromise

My mom, who has been with me since before I was even in the world, is one of my very best friends. 

She is a complete perfectionist. And I love this about her.

I inherited her perfectionism a pretty decent amount, but not quite as bad. (Love you, mom!) ;)

Aaron knew this about me when we got married. 

And I knew about him too. I knew that he was not necessarily messy, but he was indeed windy.

Aaron Jack works in piles. I often refer to his study or his nightstand or his sink as a "tornado."

I quickly learned that this was just going to be part of my life. Picking up tornado disasters.

Aaron of course does his best to help. And he'll clean it up eventually. But I have discovered (and am still wrestling with) that I will have to do it for him if I want a clean, tidy house on my time.

To add to that, we now own a sweet puppy who is a little tornado in and of herself. She simply cannot enter the living room and upon seeing her basket of toys picked up, leave. them. alone. Straight over there she goes to tip it over and scatter them out and about and under things.

So, yes, I am learning to compromise with my husband and my dog. They will make a mess. I will clean it up. One of them will help me if asked. And then we'll do it all over again the next day.

Hey, even I am learning to leave my own mess sometimes. Just for a day or so, mind you. I can't stand it much longer than that!

Just preparation for kids...right?


*Penny does not have two beds. She's spoiled...but not that much. My parents' dog was here for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment