Thursday, September 18, 2014

a lot of random

Hi.

Here comes random....



--  This morning I made brownies and broccoli all before 9:00am. (The brownies are for dessert tonight because we have a friend coming over. The broccoli is for Graeme to try later this week.) Hello, Mom Life, I guess.

Speaking of Graeme's food, we moved on to green vegetables today. I picked green beans for his first food of this color of the rainbow, but I was a little skeptical about how he would like them. Or how he would like any green vegetable, for that matter. They are all kind of...blech...without butter and salt, in my opinion.

But, to my surprise, he loved the green beans like they were candy or something. Good grief. This leads me to these thoughts:

1.  What will he be like when he has actual candy?
2.  How does he like green beans but not sweet potatoes?
3.  I was really dissing the broccoli while I made it for him, but at the rate we're going with this, he will love it. Broccoli: 1. Me: 0.

Green bean face.




--  I was trying to think of some things that I missed posting about in the past month since we've been back from our trip. This month has flown by so fast. I had to go back through my pictures on my phone to even remember what has happened.

At the beginning of September, my little buddy Keyen turned three. This was almost impossible to believe.

Me and Keyen when he was tiny.
We went to his monkey-themed, adorable birthday party. Graeme was pretty fascinated by the balloons and the party in general.

Keyen, who has mostly kept his distance from Graeme since he met him (which is pretty amusing), even gave him a kiss while we were there. Very super sweet.

Bensen, on the other hand, can't ever seem to get enough of Graeme.


I absolutely love that Bensen and Keyen and their family are still (and will always be) part of our life. 




--  When we were at the beach in July, Graeme and I got on the elevator with these two older ladies one afternoon. Immediately, one of them started saying, "Oh my goodness! He looks just like George!" The other lady agreed and then they said it to me. I thought they meant some George they knew, but no, they said, "He looks just like Prince George!" When I responded, "Oh, thanks...I guess I don't know what Prince George looks like," they were flabbergasted. How had I not seen a recent picture of His Highness?! Anyway, they went on and on about it, and then when Graeme and I got off the elevator they said, "Bye, George!"


What do you think? I don't really see it, I guess. 

Obviously, mine is way cuter.





--  We decided on the Britax stroller and carseat before Graeme was born and were given both of them at one of our baby showers. I have been really happy with them so far, and now, I'm even more happy. Here's why:

I walked outside with Penny and Graeme last week, and when we got just a few houses down, I noticed the handlebar of the stroller felt weird. I looked down, and lo and behold, the foam was torn.

Enter over-dramatic freak out moment.

Obviously, glue was needed immediately. We turned around, and I went in for the super glue. The glue stuck the torn piece back down, but the tear was still there. And noticeable. To me, at least.

Now, I try not to be too crazy about stuff like this. I know it's just a stroller and it will get worn and torn for years to come. But, since it's such a nice stroller and it's fairly new, I emailed Britax just to see what they would say and do.

Well, what do you know, they are sending us a brand new stroller, no questions asked. I love them.







--  Penny got a bath and a haircut on Monday and she's so soft and fluffy. Graeme squeals when he sees her. He loves his puppy. The feeling is quite mutual between them.

"She's so fluffy I want to die!!"



--  Graeme, Penny, and I sat outside on one of the beautiful mornings we had this week. I put my phone in front of Graeme's face (which he now associates with, "Oh! I should smile!") He was being quite the little model for me. These pictures just about kill me with their cuteness...







Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness - he DOES look like George, but, yes, Graeme is definitely cuter. :-) Awesome about the new stroller. And, what a cute picture of you and Keyen. I don't remember seeing it before.

    ReplyDelete