Sunday, May 25, 2014

thoughts on a Sunday


So this has happened.

In just two months, he has changed so much.

Graeme had his two month well-visit with his pediatrician on Friday. He didn't know what was coming of course, but we were dreading the shots he would need to get.

His appointment went well. Somehow Aaron and I and our average heights have created a very long baby. He is 24.9 inches at two months. The printout we received has his height at ">99%." We are quite perplexed with his tallness. Maybe he will even out eventually and be "average" like us. Maybe he will be very tall and ironically play sports. We love him all the same.

The three shots were quick and painful. Graeme screamed. I cried. But, when they were over, it only took him a few minutes to calm down, and he even gave us a smile at home. We all feel better knowing he is protected against some awful illnesses too. I was semi-excited that he would have a sleepy day since that's what everyone has said happened to their babies. I figured I could get a lot done. Alas, he had a normal day of naps. We did have extra snuggles though. I love holding him while he sleeps.

In great news, he finally broke his new habit of waking up twice every night. Friday night and last night, he only woke up once! I am praying that the same is true of tonight. And that maybe we have officially made the once-a-night feeding our new nightly routine. Until we sleep through the night entirely. Because that would be even more wonderful, you know.

Proof and memories for the baby book.






Aaron and I did something semi-spontaneous this past week. It's only semi-spontaneous because we've been planning to do it at some time. It just so happened that "some time" was last week. We are beyond excited because....

WE BOOKED OUR FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY WITH GRAEME!

We wanted to take him this year, and we wanted to try to go when they offered free dining. In order to make sure we got in on that deal, we had to nail down a reservation. So, we put down our deposit, and we are headed to the happiest place on earth in November. Graeme is still free to go to Disney until he turns three. So that's nice. We realize he will not remember this at all. This trip is not really for him. It's for us. We will have a blast showing him Disney and seeing it through his eight-month-old eyes.

Even Graeme gets a MagicBand.





I finally ordered some pictures of Graeme, plus some newer pictures of Aaron and myself, for our house. I figure it's about time Graeme graces some of our frames and walls with his adorable face. Now I have to try to be patient and wait for them to arrive.

I'm especially excited to get this one.





We still get a lot of confused looks about the spelling of Graeme's name. I'm used to it at this point. But, today, someone made my whole day. When they asked his name, and I said it, they said, "The British version? It sounds like that's how you're saying it."

I refrained from giving them a huge hug and jumping up and down. They knew the spelling just by hearing the way I said it. They win.








I am not sure how normal this is, so maybe it's not a big deal, but I feel like Graeme is pretty darn strong for a two-month-old. If he is propped against his Boppy or a pillow, he tries to sit up. All by himself. He lifts his head and concentrates very hard on pulling himself up. If we help him just a little, he sits up and balances while we hold his hands. And, he is so intent on pushing himself to a stand whenever we give him the chance. Then he will hold the stand for a pretty long time. Again, maybe this is normal for his age, but to us, it seems like he's trying to be a big boy too fast!

Balancing. Also, any shirt with a cape on the back is a shirt for Graeme.




Happy Memorial Day, everyone, as we remember those who served to protect our wonderful country.


No comments:

Post a Comment