Sunday, June 1, 2014

a quick update

Apparently Sundays are blog days as of late. I can't quite figure out how to get a blog post done in the middle of the week lately. By the end of the day when I know I have the time to sit down and write, my head is nowhere near ready to produce anything. Oh well.

It's June 1st today. I know I used to do those monthly updates on what was going to happen during the coming month. Then I had a baby and that hasn't happened. I will say June is packed full of so much! Birthdays, a wedding, Father's Day, our FOURTH anniversary, and more...there's a lot going on. We just spent over $30 to buy cards for all the things. You might think that's crazy. Alas, we are card people. I love picking out cards. Anyway, there are so many June things. Goodness.

I just finished the grocery list for the week. I shop at Target for groceries, which is strange I guess. I don't know why that started happening. I guess it's because I despise going to Walmart unless it's necessary. But I like going somewhere that has more than just groceries, because we usually need other stuff too. Anyway, I have been using Target's app called "Cartwheel." It's pretty exciting. It makes me like making a grocery list a little better. 

It's going to be a pretty crazy week around here, at least at the end of the week. My brother is getting married on SATURDAY. It's only six days away! If I really stop to think about it, and I know I will as the week goes on, it's hard to believe my "baby" brother is getting married. 

We have a lot of family coming in for the wedding and it will be everyone's first time meeting Graeme. It will be a long weekend for him, but I'm hoping he will not get too tired out from all of the festivities.

Aaron and I were talking through the wedding weekend because I am a bridesmaid, which leaves him on Graeme duty for the majority of the time. Then, once we talked through how Graeme was going to fit in to everything, we remembered about Penny. She obviously can't come to any of the wedding fun, and the poor dog can't be home all day long. Thankfully, we have wonderful friends that love Penny and agreed to keep her for us. We do love her so. Even when we almost accidentally forget about her.

I have been obsessing over the mailbox this week, and I have finally received all of the pictures I ordered, plus a canvas print of Graeme. I am having so much fun replacing pictures in the house with ones of our whole family and our adorable boy. Now, I am waiting on my sweet husband to bring the ladder inside to take down all of my window frames in the staircase to replace all of those pictures. He knows he can't put it off much longer. ;)

Well, that's what's going on with us these days.

And, oh yeah, Graeme is ten weeks old as of today. Ten weeks.

Wow.

I still can't stop staring at this kid after 10 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment