Thursday, May 8, 2014

about three firsts

Graeme turned six weeks old on Sunday, and for some reason or another, it has become a week of firsts.


  • The 1st first:


I don't know what prompted me, because I had never really set a date in my mind of when I would check Graeme in to Journey Kids, but for some reason, this past Sunday seemed like the right time. Graeme and I arrived towards the end of our second service, and at the beginning of third service, I checked him in to our Cuddlebug room. I wasn't worried at all. I guess a children's pastor's wife perk is knowing the volunteers pretty well. I knew the lovely ladies that would be caring for him, and I knew he was in excellent hands. The funny thing is, Aaron walked him back with me and filled out his Care Card. Then, he was the one who had trouble walking away! Graeme did great, and I had fun hanging with our preschoolers.
  • The 2nd first:


I had my follow-up appointment with my OB last week and got the go-ahead to resume all activity as I deemed fit. However, with our trip to Atlanta last week, this week marked my return to the gym. I had missed the Planet Fitness and had fun showing Graeme's picture to some of the employees that I have gotten to know. It was also a nice, quick getaway from being at home. I rolled the windows down and blared music on the way there (can't quite do that with Graeme in the car all the time). And then I read a book while I worked out, which I hadn't done in a very long time. 
  • The 3rd first:


I have done a few work things since Graeme was born, but he had come with me to all of them. I didn't feel like I had "officially" started back until this past Monday. My mom met me at Journey to pick him up, and I worked for four hours. I know he was having a blast with his MiMi and Grandy, and I had fun back in the copy room prepping curriculum. I worked a longer day on Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure that will be my new schedule. Mondays and Wednesdays. I love my job, and I very thankful for its flexibility. Plus, I still have five whole days with Graeme.




So, with those things, I feel like I am officially back to my previous life with a few obvious adjustments. Now, there is just a sweet baby that tags along with me! He sure is a fun companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment