Monday, August 5, 2013

about my unwelcome alternate self


I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but I have had some very "un-Whitney-like" incidents in the past couple weeks.

I am usually pretty calm, cool, and collected. As well as neat, clean, and organized. 

  1.  Two weeks ago, I painted my nails. That was all fine and dandy. Until I went to put the nail polish away. I could have sworn I screwed the lid on. But no. I had not. Nail. Polish. Everywhere. Thank goodness I was in the bathroom at least. I got it mostly up off the floor and the cabinet. One of our rugs went straight to the trash as a lost cause. And there's a faint mark on the door for the next time we get the paint out.
  2. While Aaron was at camp this past week, I was driving his car around. One day, however, I decided to drive my car to the pool…only to discover it was completely and utterly dead. Ah well. This was not a huge deal. A couple nights later my sweet dad came and jumped it for me. It worked fine after that. To make sure it had plenty of fighting power, I drove it downtown. When I arrived at my parents' apartment and parked on the street, I gathered up my purse and my phone and my water bottle and Penny and…not my keys. I locked my stupid keys in the car. For the first time in my entire life. I couldn't even understand how it happened. All I knew was that a trip all the way to Wake Forest to get the spare keys after I had just arrived sounded awful. Thankfully, my dad, a friendly neighbor, and a wire hanger were able to unlock my door. That was a close one.
  3. You would think I would have some luck on my side after that, but, no. Unfortunately, it got worse. Saturday night, Aaron and I went back downtown to have dinner for my dad's birthday. Dinner was fun. Presents were fun. A game of Aggravation was fun. Birthday pie was fun. Dropping my iPhone in the toilet was anything but funYes. I CANNOT believe I dropped my phone in the toilet. Again, I'm not sure what happened to my usually working brain. I was able to snatch it out right away, blow dry it, and put it in a bowl of rice for 24 hours. Knocking on wood and praying to Jesus, it's still working so far. It's not entirely normal, but I think the basics are just fine.

Well, let's hope that these days and incidents are well behind me. I mean, it's like Aaron is rubbing off on me or something...

No comments:

Post a Comment