Saturday, October 18, 2014

in busy October...

Man, I could not get myself to sit down and blog this past week. Not sure what it was that kept me from it other than I just never felt like it when I had the opportunity. That means there's a lot to catch up on!

Let's go back to last weekend. Last Friday, we met my mom-in-law, sis-in-law, niece, and nephew at a pumpkin farm. Aaron, Graeme and I got there early, and explored around the entrance while we waited. We there learned Graeme's feelings towards hay:


This was very funny, and made us hopeful that he will not be completely different from us in our preference for things not outdoorsy.

We did have a lot of fun at the farm, all the while being thankful that we didn't live there or have to be there all of the time. There were ponies.


There was a train ride (on which Graeme lost his hat, but no worries, they sent a man on a tractor to retrieve it).


There was more hay discovery.


And, of course, a hayride to pick some pumpkins.


It was great, family fun.





Last Sunday night, we had the great honor of making a promise in front of our family and friends to love Jesus and teach Graeme that God made him and loves him and that Jesus wants to be his friend forever. Aaron and I have done at least two Parent-Child Dedications every year for the past six years. It was so amazingly fun to participate as well as lead it this year. And Graeme thought it was pretty cool watching his Daddy on stage.



He looked pretty dashing, right?!




On Monday, it was Aaron's 31st birthday. Graeme and I had ventured out the Thursday before to get the remainder his presents and cards. We had to make two trips out to work around nap times but Graeme did great. We gave Aaron his gifts Monday morning, and then Monday night, we had a nice dinner at home and I made Aaron his favorite:  chocolate chip cookies.







This weekend, Aaron and I had tickets to see one of our favorite artists, Ben Rector, in Downtown Raleigh. It was a late concert, so we had decided the easiest thing to do was let Graeme and Penny spend the night with Mimi and Grandy. This worked out great, and Aaron and I were so excited for a night out together when we could stay out past 8:30pm! You see, we get a lot of free babysitting from grandparents, but we realize that once the baby is in bed, the fun of it is over for them. We usually try to get home pretty early on our date nights.

But, Thursday night, 8:30pm hit, and the concert was just getting started. What party animals we are! Ha!



The concert was amazing, as Ben always is. We didn't get home until like 11pm (when we are usually fast asleep). I don't remember the last time I slept past 7am, so I wasn't even sure I could sleep in later than that. But, I did make it until 7:45am. Wow.

The house was so, so quiet Friday morning.


It was pretty fun having breakfast and coffee without having a dog eyeing us for scraps and a baby that wants all of our attention while at the same time using his go-go-gadget arms to spill everything in sight...but after that, we were very ready to see our little Graeme Grayson! And Penny too, of course.

We headed downtown to get them, and we were all very excited to see each other, of course. Much to Penny's utter dismay, we left her behind again to take Graeme for his first trip to the NC State Fair.

I failed majorly at pictures at the fair, but we did have fun. We are planning to go again next Friday, so I'll try to better document it then. I did get a picture of Graeme seeing a cow:



Graeme did great at the fair. We took the stroller as well as the Baby Bjorn, so he was content switching back and forth between those. He only napped for about 30 minutes, but he was happy and content the rest of the time. We figure this was all good practice for Disney World. I'm telling you, the fair might be worse. People are like crazy vultures around benches. It took us forever to find one to feed Graeme his dinner.




Well, that's been our last week and half or so. I am finding it very hard to believe that my little boy is going to be seven months old this coming week. Six months still sounds like a little baby sort of. Seven months sounds a lot older to me for some reason. He sure keeps getting cuter, and he is more fun each day.


30 weeks of Graeme Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment