Sunday, November 22, 2015

Maisy Kate's Nursery

A few weeks ago, I was looking back to my blogs during my pregnancy with Graeme and saw that his room was done and ready by the time I was 30 weeks pregnant. Ha! I was definitely very on top of things! Here I am this time around just a few weeks later. I'm 34 weeks pregnant, and the extra few weeks it took to get a nursery done are definitely because it's much more time-consuming this time around when there's an adorable toddler to look after. He's not really into interior decorating, and really, who could blame him?

Anyway, Maisy's room is ready for her whenever she decides to come in the next few weeks. There was never any doubt that she would have princess things in her room, but it took me quite awhile to settle on a color scheme. Her room is (mostly) pink, gray, and gold, and believe me, I never thought I would want much gold in my house. In her room, it works and I love it. So, here it is:



Room sign from Etsy.


Gold pillows, curtain rod, curtain, and pull-back are from Target (along with about 75% of things in her room). The pink pillow in the middle was a lucky clearance find at Pier 1!
The white hope chest under the window was my great-grandmother's! My mom passed it on to Maisy and painted it white for her (with Aaron's help). It's around 100 years old and very special!

Giant, very soft, and adorable stuffed bear was a gift from Gigi and Pop. And the nightlight was a gift from Mimi and Grandy.

Corner shelf from Target. And the mirror is from At Home. The tiny canvas next to Cinderella was the very first thing we bought for her room. And the tiara is what I wore on our wedding day.


The wooden sign is from Target. The bookshelf is from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. She has an autographed photo of Snow White (signed by a real Disney Princess!) courtesy of our friend Julie. And our friend Liz painted/drew that amazing watercolor picture!


After making Graeme give up his reading chair, he decided (and we agree) that it is the best place to read. It's staying in Maisy's room, but he asks to read in "Maisy's chair" every night. The pillow is from HomeGoods. The blanket was purchased on clearance at the Disney Store by us long ago and just so happens to perfectly match and be a Cinderella blanket. For the win. The end table was handed down from Graeme's room (also from Target).

I got the urge to be crafty and made this based on an idea I saw on Etsy. It was ridiculously difficult. Gluing hearts in straight lines is no joke. 

The castle print is from At Home. We wanted a white dresser that could be a changing table for a time. It took awhile to find one that would work. But, we love the one we finally ordered. It's a Delta dresser from Walmart. The hamper is from Babies R Us, and Mimi had the brilliant idea to sew a pink button on it.

The carriage lamp is from Pottery Barn Kids, and the Cinderella quote is from Etsy (frame from Target, and if I haven't labeled something, you can probably assume it's from Target. Ha.)

The ribbon mobile was my other craft project. It was much easier than the canvas! But ribbon isn't cheap...I learned that!

Aaron's parents bought this for me before we even had Graeme. I didn't have anywhere to put it for a long time, and was holding on to it in hopes of using it in our little girl's room one day. It's a beautiful Thomas Kinkade print.

If you go back a few posts, you can read all about how we obtained this crib. Painting it white was Aaron's "craft project" for Maisy. 

One of our favorite local stores, Nuvonivo, had this adorable blanket.
Cute little friends for Maisy to cuddle were gifts at her shower. And her pink Lovie matches her brother's blue one.

The crib sheet and gray mesh bumper are from Target.

This was my crib skirt from my nursery when I was a baby. My grandma made it and my mom saved it all these years. I am so excited to use it for Maisy.



There you have it! We had so much fun decorating a baby girl's nursery this time. Seriously now, if we decide to have any more kids, they're going to have to start sharing rooms. My idea tank is empty. We will just have a house of superheroes and princesses.


1 comment:

  1. I love it Whitney! We have the same dresser for our kids and it's the best. I always have more room than I need. :) We can't wait to meet Maisy!

    ReplyDelete