Thursday, November 6, 2014

about Graeme's Halloween

The week before vacation always finds me distracted, especially now that Graeme is here and he requires like a billion things to leave the house for a week. I think, think we have everything we need for our adventure to Disney World next week. It's not at all packed yet, but it's in our home ready to be packed.

We decided to forego shipping a package, and we are going to check a bag that is filled with food and diapers and wipes. On the way home, it should be basically empty and can be used for souvenirs. Because, let's face it, we are going to have a hard time not buying Graeme something every day while we are there.

Anyway, I won't bore you with another post about Disney until we return when I plan to fill you in on how it all went. I highly doubt I will post a blog while we are gone unless I really get in the mood and want to fight my iPad to type one. No computers allowed on this trip. We are unplugging for the most part, but you can bet on pictures every day. My Instagram is here if you want to follow!


So, today, I want to document our little guy's first Halloween.

We are not too Halloween-y here. Pumpkins are as far as we go for decorations. We don't even usually carve them, but this year, my parents invited us down and carved one of our pumpkins for us.


Bat Signal on the front, Graeme's name on the back.

Over the past couple of months, I had glanced at Halloween costumes a few times, but there was never anything that jumped out at me "Graeme must dress up like this!" The baby girl costumes were always way cuter, of course.

My mom had given us the costume I wore for what was my second Halloween (I was only two days old for the first one!). So, I knew he had something for a costume anyway. We finally decided to save the $30 we would have spent on a new costume and go the sentimental route. What made it even better was that my mom had made it for me. Thankfully, it was totally gender neutral...


Graeme as a pea in a pod

Whitney as a pea in a pod

Note that seven-month Graeme is pretty much the same size as then twelve-month me. He's so tall! And he may look happy for those two pictures, but those were probably the only two smiles in the midst of the fussing for the five minutes he was in that costume. He was sick on Halloween, and was not impressed with dressing up for a photo shoot. If only you could hear the utter nonsense-crazy that Aaron and I were doing to get smiles out of him...


For the rest of the day, he wore his Halloween-themed onesie and a bib that his MiMi bought him.

If you can't tell due to his squirms, his shirt says "Batty about Mommy." The bat has a bowtie. I die.

He cooperated much better for this photo shoot on the morning of Halloween.
Journey did two Halloween Block Parties in two different neighborhoods that evening. Aaron had to be at one of them, and he was able to go to the one that was only five minutes away from our house. After Aaron left, the idea of having two hours before Graeme's bedtime and me being by myself with a fussy, tired, sick boy wasn't necessarily appealing. So, I bundled him up (it was pretty chilly on Halloween night) and we went to the block party for about an hour before it got dark and really cold. He loved it. There was a lot to look at, and he was warm and happy in the Baby Bjorn.



We left and went home before the block party got very busy. I put Graeme to bed after hanging a sign over the doorbell, "Please don't ring! Putting baby to bed. Will be down with candy soon!"

He went to sleep easily, and no tricksters rang our doorbell. At this point, it was after 7:30pm, dark, and pretty cold. I figured I missed most of the trick-or-treaters, but I had bought a little bag of candy. I took the baby monitor, a chair, and Penny outside (I still didn't want anyone knocking or ringing).

We sat out there for about 20 minutes, and we did get a handful of kids that came by. They all got a handful of candy because I wanted to get rid of it!

Me, blurry Penny, candy, and baby monitor. Quite the set-up.
It was a fun day (minus both of the boys not feeling too great). Next year, I have a feeling it will be a lot more fun since we will have a 19 month old. Crazy!


Well, I probably won't check back in here until after our trip. Have a great weekend and next week!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment