Sunday, April 10, 2016

Maisy is 3 months!



Maisy is already three months old! It's funny to me this time around with my second because I find myself begging time to slow down and for her to stay little, but then also being excited for her to grow because I know it gets so much more fun (and less exhausting) as they get older. 

Maisy Kate brings so much more adorable-ness into our family (which was already pretty adorable considering we have Graeme). Her smile is seriously the cutest thing ever.

This month, she rolled over from her tummy to her back. I was quite surprised because Graeme didn't do that until closer to four months old. Although, he had quite a bit more weight to swing around! She loves her play gym and smiles at all of her little friends hanging down. She hasn't quite figured out how to purposefully grab one of them, but when she accidentally does she is so excited. She doesn't mind tummy time for a few minutes here and there as long as she's not tired.



She's very close to laughing and she makes sounds that are laugh-like, but I don't feel confident in saying she's actually laughed yet. I remember the first time Graeme laughed was so magical, and I can't wait to experience it again.

I think her favorite thing to do is watch Graeme. Her eyes follow him all around the room as he plays and she gets big smiles on her face. She likes to sit next to him in the chair in his room and read books with us too. He has gotten a lot more involved with her this past month (even though he still mostly prefers for her to sit somewhere and he get all of the attention!) Some mornings he wants to pick her "beautiful bow," and he also included her name in a song he made up that lists everyone in our family (plus his Lovies, because he knows his priorities). Haha.



Maisy sleeps great at night once she falls asleep at the beginning of the night. Some nights it's a lot of us going in to burp her. Or hug her. Or feed her more. And some nights she goes right to sleep. It's hard to say. She still wakes up to eat once each night, but then after that she lays right back down and is asleep again. Most nights she eats at 6:00pm and is asleep by 6:30pm. We will dream feed her again sometime between 9:30pm-10:30pm. And then she usually wakes up to eat again around 2:00am-3:00am. Then in the morning I wake her up at 6:30am.

I have succeeded in creating one Lovie-adict...so here we go again!


Graeme didn't drop that middle of the night feeding until he was closer to four months, so I am hoping sometime this month Maisy will follow suit! I mean, I would enjoy not waking up at 2:00am. I don't mind. But you know, it'd be nice.

Other things that happened during Maisy's third month of life were:

  • We stopped swaddling her. It took her a couple of nights to figure out how to fall asleep with her arms flinging around. She discovered that she liked having a Lovie next to her to hold. And we are working on the pacifier. Some nights she will fall asleep without it. And some nights we are so exhausted and spent that we just give in and let her have it to fall asleep. Ha. I really love that Graeme just lays down in his bed with his Lovies and goes to sleep with no trouble at all and sleeps the entire night. And he's been doing that since before his first birthday. So that is my goal with her too. Baby steps, I remind myself. She is a great sleeper for a three month old.
  • She became more skilled at holding her head up, turning her neck, tracking things and people with her eyes, and she doesn't mind her car seat as much. She also came to like her swing more because she did not prefer it as a newborn.
  • Her brother turned two, so we are no longer in the "Two under Two" Club. It was fun while it lasted. :)

We love our sweet Maisy so much and it's hard to remember life without her! How is she already one fourth of the way through her first year of life? I don't even know.

Her eyes are so pretty I can't even take it.



No comments:

Post a Comment