Wednesday, October 21, 2015

time flies...mostly

We are just 72 days away from our due date (which also means there are only 72 days left in 2015!). I will be 30 weeks pregnant on Friday. This pregnancy has mostly gone by a little faster than my pregnancy with Graeme, but I still feel like I have been pregnant 
for-ev-er.  

It is pretty crazy to imagine going from having one child to suddenly having two. We already talk and think like Maisy is one of our children of course, but it will be different once she's actually here with us. Lord willing, we will go to the hospital with one carseat and leave with two.

I am curious how Graeme will react, and there's really no way to know. He is a complete momma's boy for one thing, so I'm sure it will be an adjustment for him. I don't know how he compares with other kids (maybe he's just a normal amount attached to me!), but some days I think my ears will fall off from hearing "Momma" one more time. He just says it over and over with nothing else to go along with it a lot of times. Ha! I will never really tire of hearing him say it though.

Typical conversation:  "Momma!" "What?" *silence* *wait a few seconds* "Momma?!" "Yes?" *silence* *repeat* 


Last Tuesday I took my one hour Glucose Tolerance Test. I wasn't too worried, but it is a little nerve-wracking to wait for the results. Thankfully, I got my results on Friday morning and everything was in the normal limits. That's pretty much the last thing to worry with until it's time to actually go into labor. Crazy!

Just like with Graeme, and in my case, forever (the result of not having a thyroid at all!), I have had my thyroid levels monitored throughout this pregnancy. They have changed my prescription once and we will check it again next week to make sure it has leveled out appropriately. 

Other than that, things are going well and I am feeling good, thankfully!



My birthday is next week and I will be 28. Age doesn't really bother me too much, but I do realize I am right on the doorstep of 30 basically. So that's weird. Wasn't I just in high school?

Shortly after high school. With my brother. So young. And still had a thyroid to boot (giant lump in my neck!) :)



Speaking of time flying, Aaron and I have our seven year "dating anniversary" coming up on November 2nd. We have said a couple of times in the past week, "Seven years ago we weren't even together...and now we have two kids and have been married for 5.5 years." 

From the beginning...we had no clue what was in store!


Well, I'll stop rambling now. Oh, but I will mention how we are about to have a 19 month old on our hands in just two days. We will then have a little boy just five months away from his second birthday. Only five more months of saying his age in months. Then he will be two. And no one goes around saying 24 months. Aaron will be glad for that. He wanted to stop saying Graeme's age in months after he turned one. 

You can't really say "one" for the whole year when this is at the beginning of being one and...

...this is just seven months later!

Pregnancy goes by pretty slowly. 
My own age goes by a little faster. 
My time with Aaron has gone and goes by quickly. 
But surely our children growing older goes by the very fastest.

Time is funny that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment