Wednesday, August 5, 2015

beach take two, throwing up, and mini vans

It's August. There are less than five months in 2015 and that's weird. Summer has, as suspected, gone by really fast!

We have one more long vacation next week. We are headed to Carolina Beach with my family for the week. It's kind of fun that we bookended summer with two family beach trips. We spent a week with Aaron's family at Myrtle Beach in the beginning of June. I believe I mentioned in the blog that Graeme was not a huge fan of the ocean or sand back in June, so we are interested to see if a couple of months will make a difference.

Not a fan.


Graeme is mostly obsessed with trucks right now. There is a dump truck and a loader (not sure if that's the right name) that have now been working right down the street from us for about two weeks now. They are moving a MOUNTAIN of dirt and rocks and construction debris. They have made a big dent in it but I think it will take them quite a bit longer to finish. Graeme might cry when they are done. It's the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up and the last thing he wants to do at the end of the day:  watch the dump truck.

"Dump truck! Dirt! Where'd it go?! Back!"

This is what he repeats over and over again. It's super cute and I can't believe how long he will stay out there just watching the dump truck go back and forth. You would think it would get boring. The man that drives the dump truck always waves at him and we have talked to him a couple of times.

"You need to get that boy a dump truck for Christmas!" he said. He is probably right.

At least he doesn't want to watch sports yet.





I am 17 weeks pregnant now! I have still been feeling much better but I had a minor setback. I either ate something bad that gave me food poisoning or had a stomach bug thing last Thursday. I am not sure which it was. It was definitely not pregnancy sickness related. It was a really bad 24 hours and then I was still not quite back to normal for the whole weekend. So that wasn't fun.

I could have cared less that I felt horrible and was more concerned for the baby and that Graeme or Aaron would catch it if it was a bug. By the next day, I did feel better and was able to keep some food down. And by Monday, I was all back to normal. Yay. Oh, and no one else got sick so I think we are in the clear.




Other than that, things have been great!

We have begun the search for a new (used) car. And by car, I mean mini van. Yes. I said it.

Aaron and I used to swear we would never own a mini van. But then we had a kid and decided to have another kid soon after. With two kids under two, a mini van began to creep in my thoughts saying, "You know you need me!"

I was pretty sold on it, but Aaron was still pretty sold on making an SUV work. We went to a couple of different places last weekend to look. After looking at both options, the mini van wins.

The SUVs that we can actually afford may have a third row of seats, but the third row cannot be used with carseats and it removes pretty much all storage when it's up. Since we cannot officially say "Two kids and we're done," we don't want to settle on something that may not have enough seats in the long run.

The mini vans we looked at were in the same price range or less and had lots of seats and lots of storage. I am most excited about the sliding doors that open with a button. Getting Graeme to the car with all of the things is already a handful. So adding an infant carrier back in the mix plus baby supplies makes sliding doors sound like heaven. No more worrying about banging my car door into the car next to me while I maneuver children into the car. For the win.

I'll keep you posted as we attempt to purchase our first car together. We still aren't sure which car we are getting rid of to acquire this van. I am, of course, clueless on all things financial. Thank goodness for Aaron.

"Are you guys sure you know what you're doing?"




We are less than two weeks away from finding out the gender of this sweet baby! I am trying not to think about it all the time but it is so hard to wait! At least I will have the beach to distract me next week.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment